On the website of the Campusweite Schreibwerkstatt you can find useful information on all offers concerning academic writing at Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz. The different services are provided by various institutions and are tailored to different target groups.
Current offers for students
From March 23th to April 1th 2020, the writingcenter will again offer tutor training for future tutors in all departments. Registration is possible by email until March 13th 2020. (All courses are held in German.)
In addition, the writing center will offer the following Workshops for students of FB 06 on the Germersheim campus in February 2020:
- Tools zum wissenschaftlichen Arbeiten
Friday, February 14th 2020, 1:30 p.m. -3 p.m
- Academic English - Textanalyse in Englisch, eine Kurzeinführung
Friday, February 14th 2020, 1:30 p.m. -3 p.m.
If you are interested, please register at email@example.com. Deadline for Registration is Thursday, February 13th 2020, 12 a.m.
As part of the InfoDays for Internationals, the InfoCafé for international students will once again take place in the alten Mensa on April 3, 2020, where thewritingcenter will also be represented again.
The LOB sub-project SoWi? So! offers the following courses for FB 02 students in winter semester 2019/20:
- Baustelle Seminararbeit!? Dein Tag zum Text am FB 02
Tuesday, February 18th 2020, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Wednesday,February 19th 2020, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The Text-Café des ASTA-AusländerInnen-Referats will take place on the following dates in the winter semester 2019/20:
- February: 06th, 11th, 13th, 18th, 20th, 25th, 27th
- March: 03th, 05th, 10th 12th, 17th, 19th, 24th, 26th
The PBS will offer the course "Individual counseling and coaching for writing Problems or writer’s block" on the following dates in winter Semester 19/20:
- Monday February10th 2020, 12 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Monday February17th 2020, 12 a.m.–3 p.m.
Current offers for Young Researchers:
The General Postgraduate Program (GPP) will offer several courses for Young researchers in 2020. All courses take place from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Writing Workshops for doctoral candidates, part 1: Reading Strategies and Time Management
Thursday February13th 2020 9 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
- Writing Workshops for doctorial candidates, part 2: Draft Writing and Revision
Friday February14th 2020 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Good Scientific Practice
Part 1: Tuesday March 10th, 2020, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Part 2: Wednesday March 11th, 2020, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Academic Writing for peer-reviewed journals
Thursday, April 02th 2020, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Current offers for teachers