|Tutors often find themselves in their new role without much prior knowledge or experience in teaching and are tasked with conceptualizing their tutorials without teacher support. The tutor training addresses these gaps in tutor experience by offering courses where tutors may reflect on their new role, learn about didactical tools and receive expert feedback on their teaching concepts.|
These Courses are only offered in German.
Cancellation of the tutor training for future tutors!
Dear future tutors and interested parties,
due to the increasing number of corona cases in Germany and the decisions recently made by the state government in this context, we initially cancel the tutor training for futre tutors in all departments.
Unfortunately, we currently see no other option. We are deeply sorry and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!
The next training is planned for the coming autumn. Further information will be published on our website during the semester.
All the best for you and with best regards
your team of the writingcenter!
Tutors to be or tutors with first experiences from all faculties at JGU.
At the tutor training, you can:
- Reflect on your role as a tutor
- Prepare and plan your own tutorials
- Learn about basic methods for guiding class debates, didactical methods and use of group forms
- Learn about methods and strategies of academic work and writing to teach to their tutees
The training contains the following key topic areas:
- Strategies for time and – self Management
- Reading strategies
- Strategies for finding a topic
- Methods for structuring a text
- Methods for drafting
- Methods for text revision
- Academic writing process
- Writing counseling
- Text diagnosis and how to phrase text Feedback
- Academic presentation
- Meine neue Rolle als Tutor*in
Montag, 23.03.20, 09:00-12:00 Uhr
- Tutorielle Lehre planen
Montag, 23.03.20, 13:00-16:00 Uhr
- Wissenschaftliches Schreiben vermitteln
Dienstag, 24.03.20, 10:00-16:00 Uhr
- Studierende beim Schreiben beraten
Mittwoch, 25.03.20, 10:00-18:00 Uhr
- Wissenschaftliches Präsentieren
Donnerstag, 26.03.20, 10:00-14:00 Uhr
- Textdiagnose: Texte lesen, verstehen und überarbeiten
Freitag, 27.03.20, 09:00-16:30 Uhr
- Konstruktives Feedback auf Texte geben
Montag, 30.03.20, 09:00-13:00 Uhr
- Positives Feedback auf Texte geben
Montag, 30.03.20, 14:00-17:00 Uhr
- Wirkung und Optimierung von Feedbacks
Dienstag, 31.03.20, 09:30-17:00 Uhr
- Feedbackhaltung weiterentwickeln
Mittwoch, 01.04.20, 09:30-12:00 Uhr
- Mein Writing Fellow Einsatz
Mittwoch, 01.04.20, 13:00-16:30 Uhr
The workshops can be attended individually, although some workshops do focus on related topics and should be attended collectively. For more information see the flyer.
Registration is possible by email until Friday, March 13th 2020.
Attendance of the tutor training will be confirmed with a certificate of attendance.
The tutor training is offered by the Center for Quality Assurance and Development as part of the project LOB: Lehren, Organisieren, Beraten.