|As a writing center, we offer a teacher training for the promotion of academic writing every summer term and a selection of courses every winter term. JGU lecturers may visit either the training as a whole and be awarded a certificate for writing didactics or take part in individual workshops of their choice.|
All associated courses are only offered in German.
Lecturers at JGU. Please note that all courses are offered in German language.
- widen one's knowledge of methods to improve academic writing skills for class and consultation.
- exchange over assessment and feedback for academic writing.
- develop and implement individual teaching styles attuned to one's discipline's specific learning, mentoring and testing needs with regard to academic writing
The workshops from the course program take place during winter term.
The certificate program as a whole comprises 56 work units (one work unit equals 45 minutes). The certificate of completion is issued for
- module 1 with 12 WU (work unit)
- module 2 courses amounting to 18 WU of your personal choice und
- module 3 with 26 WU.
It is possible to visit individual courses of module 1 or 2. However, we recommend to visit module 1 before taking any module 2 courses.
The certificate program is offered by the Center for Quality Assurance and Development as part of the projects LOB: Lehren, Organisieren, Beraten.