Cancellation of the Individual Writing Counseling !
Dear students and doctoral candidates,
due to the increasing number of corona cases in Germany and the decisions recently made by the state government in this context, we initially cancel the Individual Writing Counseling until April 30th, 2020.
Unfortunately, we currently see no other option. We are deeply sorry and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!
Alternatively, you can contact us with questions and concerns about your writing projects via email at any time. If desired, you can also make a Skype or telephone appointment with us.
All the best for you and with best regards
your team of the writingcenter!
All students and doctoral candidates of JGU
Content and Aims of the counseling session:
- Reflection of your individual work technique
- Identification of your writer type
- Teaching techniques for more efficient work
- Support with self and time management
- Teaching new writing strategies
- Teaching new reading strategies
- Methotical assistance with your writing problem
- Feedback on text drafts of up to three pages
The counseling is based on the principle ‘help through self-help'. Trained writing tutors support students and doctoral candidates with their writing process and provide methods and strategies for a more efficient academic work process:
At the counseling session
- we reflect together on your working techniques,
- we give methodical support for writing problems,
- you will learn more about reading, writing and revision strategies,
- we work out realistic schedules for your scientific writing projects,
- you will receive text feedback on scientific texts of up to three pages.
At the counseling session you will not receive
- extensive text corrections,
- expert or contend-related advice,
- consultation on the individual degree courses,
- Text Translations.
15 - 45 minutes of conversation during the open consultation hours in the training room (Schulungsraum) of the central library (map to the room):
tuesdays 2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
wednesdays 4 p.m.-5 p.m.
Appointments outside of regular office hours can be arranged via e-mail to Schreibwerkstatt@zq.uni-mainz.de
This service is offered by the Campusweite Schreibwerkstatt.