Dear students and doctoral candidates,
from now on the Writingcenter is also represented as a community on Microsoft Teams!
All members of the JGU Mainz have access to Microsoft Teams with their JGU user data.
After your registration on MSTeams you will find the team "Campusweite Schreibwerkstatt" here. Please send us a request in Microsoft Teams to join the team.
After the admission you have several options:
- The channel "Allgemein" is meant for general questions about academic writing, which we answer regularly.
- If you would like an individual writing consultation during our consultation hours, please leave a separate message with your request for a personal conversation in the "Allgemein" channel shortly before consultation time.
Our weekly consultation hours:
- Tuesday from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
All students and doctoral candidates of JGU
Content and Aims of the counseling session:
- Reflection of your individual work technique
- Identification of your writer type
- Teaching techniques for more efficient work
- Support with self and time management
- Teaching new writing strategies
- Teaching new reading strategies
- Methotical assistance with your writing problem
- Feedback on text drafts of up to three pages
The counseling is based on the principle ‘help through self-help'. Trained writing tutors support students and doctoral candidates with their writing process and provide methods and strategies for a more efficient academic work process:
At the counseling session
- we reflect together on your working techniques,
- we give methodical support for writing problems,
- you will learn more about reading, writing and revision strategies,
- we work out realistic schedules for your scientific writing projects,
- you will receive text feedback on scientific texts of up to three pages.
At the counseling session you will not receive
- extensive text corrections,
- expert or contend-related advice,
- consultation on the individual degree courses,
- Text Translations.
15 - 45 minutes of conversation during the open consultation hours.
Due to the current situation, consultation hours are currently NOT held in the training room of the Central Library (Map to the room), but via Microsoft Teams. Please leave a message in the "Allgemein" channel of our Team shortly before your desired consultation time.
tuesdays 2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
wednesdays 4 p.m.-5 p.m.
Appointments outside of regular office hours can be arranged via e-mail to Schreibwerkstatt@zq.uni-mainz.de
This service is offered by the Campusweite Schreibwerkstatt.