All students and doctoral candidates of JGU
Content and Aims of the counseling session:
- Reflection of your individual work technique
- Identification of your writer type
- Teaching techniques for more efficient work
- Support with self and time management
- Teaching new writing strategies
- Teaching new reading strategies
- Methotical assistance with your writing problem
- Feedback on text drafts of up to three pages
The counseling is based on the principle ‘help through self-help'. Trained writing tutors support students and doctoral candidates with their writing process and provide methods and strategies for a more efficient academic work process:
At the counseling session
- we reflect together on your working techniques,
- we give methodical support for writing problems,
- you will learn more about reading, writing and revision strategies,
- we work out realistic schedules for your scientific writing projects,
- you will receive text feedback on scientific texts of up to three pages.
At the counseling session you will not receive
- extensive text corrections,
- expert or contend-related advice,
- consultation on the individual degree courses,
- Text Translations.
15 - 45 minutes of conversation during the open consultation hours in the training room (Schulungsraum) of the central library (map to the room):
tuesdays 2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
wednesdays 4 p.m.-5 p.m.
Appointments outside of regular office hours can be arranged via e-mail to Schreibwerkstatt@zq.uni-mainz.de
This service is offered by the Campusweite Schreibwerkstatt.