Content and Aims of the counseling session:
- Reflection of your individual work technique
- Identification of your writer type
- Teaching techniques for more efficient work
- Support with self and time management
- Teaching new writing strategies
- Teaching new reading strategies
- Methotical assistance with your writing problem
- Feedback on text drafts of up to three pages
All students and doctoral candidates of JGU
The counseling is based on the principle ‘help through self-help'. Trained writing tutors support students and doctoral candidates with their writing process and provide methods and strategies for a more efficient academic work process:
At the counseling session
- we reflect on your working techniques together,
- we give methodical support for writing problems,
- you will learn more about reading, writing and revision strategies,
- we work out realistic schedules for your scientific writing projects,
During office hours, you also have the opportunity to network in the digital consulting room, to exchange ideas with other advice seekers and to contact the writing consultants spontaneously. All further information can be found in the Writing Advice Channel.
Please note that we do not offer comprehensive text corrections or subject-specific or content-related advice in the writing consultation.
Currently, the writing consultation takes place via MS Teams (Campusweite Schreibberatung).
After installing MS Teams, you can join the team "Campusweite Schreibberatung".
(Clicking on this link will open a new browser window. Please click the "Send Request" button and we can add you to the team).
Writing consultations are held on Mondays from 4pm to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 12pm to 1:30pm.
15-45 minutes of conversation during open consultation hours.
Appointments are made individually via teams.
The writing counseling is offered by the Writing Center.