Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, the Writing Center is now represented on Microsoft teams as an open community for students and doctoral candidates. Our individual writing consultation is also available in an 1:1 format via MS Teams. You can find more information here
All students and doctoral candidates of JGU
Content and Aims of the counseling session:
- Reflection of your individual work technique
- Identification of your writer type
- Teaching techniques for more efficient work
- Support with self and time management
- Teaching new writing strategies
- Teaching new reading strategies
- Methotical assistance with your writing problem
- Feedback on text drafts of up to three pages
The counseling is based on the principle ‘help through self-help'. Trained writing tutors support students and doctoral candidates with their writing process and provide methods and strategies for a more efficient academic work process:
At the counseling session
- we reflect on your working techniques together,
- we give methodical support for writing problems,
- you will learn more about reading, writing and revision strategies,
- we work out realistic schedules for your scientific writing projects,
- you will receive text feedback on scientific texts of up to three pages.
At the counseling session you will not receive
- extensive text corrections,
- expert or contend-related advice,
- consultation on the individual degree courses,
- Text Translations.
15 - 45 minutes of conversation during open consultation hours.
Due to the current situation, consultation hours are currently NOT held in the training room of the Central Library (Map to the room), but via Microsoft Teams. Please leave a message in the "Allgemein" channel of our Team before your desired consultation time.
Tuesdays 2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesdays 4 p.m.-5 p.m.
Appointments outside of regular office hours can be arranged via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This service is offered by the Writing Center.